Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bathroom Nazi

We live in a house where we have two bathrooms which you would think would be more than enough for a household of four. However, our downstairs bathroom is officially reserved for boys. Sounds good in theory. The problem is that the "boys" bathroom is theirs because of the reality that it won't flush toilet paper so boys can only use it to go #1. When you have more than one person in the house that needs to go #2 there is a real problem. This morning I was giggling listening to the following argument.
Koby, "Brother! I have to go to the bathroom! You can't use 9 pieces of toilet paper. I'm watching you! You can only use one or two pieces! Dad said!"
Clayton, "Koby, why do you care?"
Koby, "Because I have to go to the bathroom! You're wasting all the toilet paper!"
Clayton, "You're so annoying! I'm almost done."
Koby, "I saw that! You just used more toilet paper! I'm telling mom!"
Clayton, "Koby, you're so annoying! Leave me alone!"
Koby, "Brother! You can't say that. It hurts my feelings! Stop calling me annoying."
Shortly after this Clayton exits the bathroom and Koby runs in and drops his shorts for all of two seconds before pulling them up and yelling, "Brother! It stinks in here! Now I can't go to the bathroom! It smells bad!"
Clayton decides to ignore him which only escalates the tantrum. Koby runs into his room and starts yelling and crying saying it's not fair that brother gets to use the bathroom first. All of a sudden he's able to hold his digestive exiting system and is now getting dressed and stomping around pouting out loud.
Eventually I look up the stairway and see Koby sitting on the "pot" with a half smirk, half pout as he does his deed.
I make the mistake of laughing out loud and it sends him back into tears and muttering at me to stop laughing at him because it's not nice. "Brother made it smell like little boy farts in here!"

1 comment: