Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shower Trauma

Happy Thursday morning to me! I got both the boys out of bed without much of a struggle this morning. Could it be possible that today would be a flawless, happy, enjoyable morning before sending my precious boys off to school? Not quite. I mean not absolutely disastrous, but we did have some commotion to disrupt the flow.
Koby and I were sitting at the kitchen table while he finished up his breakfast and I double checked all the homework. Clayton had wolfed down his breakfast so he got to hop in the shower first this morning. All of a sudden I hear bumping and scrambling in the bathroom quickly followed by a blood-curdling scream. I ran up the stairs and prepared myself to find my 10 year old with blood all over the place, bones poking out of skin, and whatever else could be the cause of the sound coming from behind the shower curtain. Thank God none of my fears were confirmed when I pulled back the curtains. Instead, I found Clayton with a look of absolute fear clinging to the wall with the shower head on the floor. The pipe sticking out of the wall that once secured the shower head was now spewing out water and pelting Clayton in the back of the head. I quickly got the shower turned off, threw a towel around Clayton and got his breathing back to normal.
Today I choose to be grateful that I am a bit of a pack rat and had not thrown away the old shower head from two years ago. After I replaced the shower head and the shower was once again functioning, I told Clayton he could get back in and finish up. He responded to me by saying, "I don't want to. I'm... what's the word I can't think of mom?" I asked, "Traumatized?". He said "Yeah, that was traumatic. I don't want to go back in mom. Please don't make me. I'll take a shower after basketball practice." I gave in. The poor guy had been through enough this morning. The day can only get better from here, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, a bit of a pack rat? That sounds a lot like me, but I know I have a problem. - I hate it when they scare you like that. (I love your pictures on here, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog, I am going to link it to mine! :)

    ReplyDelete