Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Card time...


One of the main reason's I love Christmas is because I love receiving Christmas cards. The part that I'm not so much in love with is getting all the Christmas cards out. First of all, I should be more organized with my address list but I'm not. Instead, I have some addresses on little scraps of paper, some in e-mails, some in facebook messages and "oddly", some in an address book that hasn't been updated for 5 years. Despite this amazing organization on my part, I find myself with a small stack at the end of the Christmas season that are ready to go, but missing current addresses. Here's to being more organized next year! Anyhow, last night I sat down to put stamps on all the cards that do have addresses on them. I had stopped in at the post office on my way home from work and felt like I hit the jackpot when I didn't have to wait in a line at all! Woo hoo! Small victory for this lady right here. I bought 60 stamps which was an estimate but I figured it would at least get me started. Once in front of the cards I counted them and realized I was just short by 3 stamps! Not bad! Koby wanted to help me out and I didn't argue since I was multi-tasking by talking to Marty's mom on the phone at the same time. I soon used up my sheet of stamps and Koby was insistant on doing the remainder. While trying not to lose a step in my conversation with my mom-in-law, Koby held up his sheets and said he was all done... the problem was I noticed there were still way too many cards left to be stamped. I grabbed his pile and started going through them and checking the backs to figure out where the missing stamps had gone. I looked up at Koby as he's shrugging his shoulders trying to figure out what I'm looking for. He then picks up his stamp sheets and begins to tear them into little pieces. I am still amazed that I was able to hold my conversation considering while watching Koby tear up the sheets, I noticed he had only used up the stamps on one side! He was tearing up the stamps that were still on the other side. Lovely! I was able to salvage the torn stamps, I think. Hopefully the post office is cool with my puzzle-piece-like stamps. Tis' the season!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah- This is so funny! I'm sure you didn't enjoy it as much as I did but I'm glad you shared it. I sincerely hope that you get our Christmas card before the New Year. - We were up in town this past week, and unfortunately missed you when we went out for dinner with my Dad. Oh, well I guess next time it would help if I called you. HAHAHA, Hope you guys have a great Holiday! - Gail

    ReplyDelete